I assume that you have already created your Google Analytics 4 property.
Follow the step-by-step video tutorial.
- In the Looker Studio click “Create” button in top left corner
- And choose option “Data source”. It means we will create a new Looker Studio data source from your existing Google Analytics 4 property.
- From connectors list, choose “Google Analytics”.
- If it is first time that you connect Google Analytics account to your Looker Studio, you must Authorize it first.
- Then you will see all your Accounts and Properties. Choose the one you want to use for the Looker Studio report. In our example it is called “ABC Website”. (Note: It must be GA4 property, not the old Universal Analytics one). Click “Connect”.
(Note: It must be GA4 property, not the old Universal Analytics one).
- When you see the list of dimensions, it means the new data source has been created.
- Click the logo in top left corner to go back to Looker Studio homepage.
- Under “Recent” you should see your new connection.
- Go the URL of a template that can be duplicated.
- In top right corner, click three dots and then click “Make a copy”.
- In the “New Data Source” choose your recently created data source and click “Copy report” button.
- You will be redirected to the copied report.
- Where you can rename the report. Copied report name always starts with “Copy”.
- Give it a name that contains your data source or a website name.